The Grosse Apotheke was founded over 100 years ago. The origins of Bichsel as a company date back to 1948, when Dr. Guido Bichsel acquired the Grosse Apotheke. Today, the Bichsel Group has two locations and supplies customers both in Switzerland and abroad.
In 1948, Dr. Guido Bichsel took over the Grosse Apotheke Dr. Jenzer, located in the heart of Interlaken.
1948: Founding of the Grosse Apotheke and Laboratorium
The name Grosse Apotheke Dr. Jenzer also disappeared with the takeover, and the pharmacy was renamed Grosse Apotheke Dr. G. Bichsel.
1966: First dialysis patient
Mountain guide Werner Stäger from Lauterbrunnen was the first haemodialysis patient in Switzerland to be supported and cared for by Bichsel.
1979: Mutation into two stock corporations
Grosse Apotheke Dr. G. Bichsel AG was split into two stock corporations. The laboratory operations for the production of sterile, innovative products became independent and this new part of the company was renamed Laboratorium Dr. G. Bichsel AG.
2003: New office building
A modern office building was built on Weissenaustrasse in Unterseen.
Foundation of the Laboratorium und Grosse Apotheke Dr. G. Bichsel Holding AG.
2008: Major reconstruction project
The existing logistics centre was extended and converted. A large logistics centre, additional production space, a staff canteen and an apartment for the caretaker were built.
HomeCare moved into new offices. Bichsel therefore gained another location in Unterseen, the first open-plan offices in the history of the company.
2019: Takeover by Galenica
On the 1st of May 2019, the Bichsel family business was purchased by Galenica. Galenica took responsibility for the employees and continued to employ them.